Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some GS Shit, Right There: Paranormal Activity 2

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 in Philadelphia last week on opening night. What a movie! What a crowd!  My sister, friend, and I lined up and were nearly knocked over by a pushy crowd, anxious to get a seat. We found three together without any problem. All that running for nothing. Well not for nothing - the movie rocked!

I had no idea what to expect since I didn't watch any trailers or read any reviews beforehand. Without giving too much away, the movie revolves around Katie's (remember her? *shudder*) sister's family, who enjoys toying around with their video camera. After their house is broken into and ransacked, they set up security cameras in all corners of the house, which lead to some interesting and very creepy footage.


Like Oren Peli's last film, the pacing is slow and builds to a hand-wringing, eye-hiding tension. I think I screamed at the end, but I'm still not sure. I do remember feeling like I had the wind knocked out of me.

The audience commentary during all of this was priceless. Phrases like:

"Oh no, she didn't!"
"Get the baby and get out!"
"That's some GS shit, right there."

and

"I WANT MY MONEY BACK!"

accompanied the nail-biting, spooky good time.

By the way, does anyone know what "GS shit" means?

No comments:

Post a Comment