Monday, September 28, 2009

"HAUNTED HOUSES" RIVALING HORROR FLICKS?

On ABC News today there's a story about how "haunted houses" are rivaling scary movies this Halloween:

"Big-budget special effects, elaborate sets, and exotic locations are turning what once were neighborhood haunts into weekend destinations for those who love to scream."

Read more here.

On a personal side note, I used to work at one of these places-- a low-budget setup called the "Haunted Hayride" in Tucson, AZ. This was probably the most fun job I've ever had despite being decapitated dozens of times each night! I have yet to enjoy myself that much as a patron of these kinds of places, but then again, I'm still trying to get to Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary.

Me and Curt, "The Executioner", at the Haunted Hayride in Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment